Hardware Question

Subject: Hardware Question
From: "Helen Cygnarowicz" <helen -at- tiw -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:44:13 -0800

Fellow Listers,

I have questions about computer keyboards used in other countries,
particularly in India.

Are the keyboards bilingual and are the keys engraved or are special keycaps
provided? Are such keyboards manufactured in India? in the US? Is there a
Web site might show such a keyboard?

If you were documenting usage of such a keyboard, how would you identify a
key with two notations? would you call it the "@/A" key, or just pick one
notation style and use it but explain that you will do it that way in
preface material? I can see this becoming very tedious, thus decreasing the
level of conciseness/brevity. Descriptions would be directed to users with
English as a second language, and I don't want to create confusion.

Thanks.

Helen Cygnarowicz, Manager
Information Development Group
TIW SYSTEMS