RE: HTML editor

Subject: RE: HTML editor
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "'Brierley, Sean'" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:10:34 -0500

Because of all this discussion of WYSIWYG HTML editors, I downloaded a few
demos to get a taste of what's out there. I'm really hardcore Notepad, but I
know that if you're developing professional sites, they can get too big to
reasonably develop and maintain without some help.

I downloaded demos of Allaire Homesite 4, Macromedia Dreamweaver 3, and
Lorenz Graf's HTMLtool 3. Why do they all look so daunting when I first open
them? I can't figure out how to create a site, a style sheet, or anything!
I've developed reasonably sophisticated sites on my own in Notepad, so I
don't see why these applications should make the process even more
confusing. Could someone direct me to a good getting-started website, list
archive, help topic, etc.? Thanks.

Justin Cascio