future writer needs a hand...

Subject: future writer needs a hand...
From: "Moe Smith" <moesmith88 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:37:00 GMT

Greetings.

My name is Maurice (Moe) Smith and I am a student, currently attending ITI
(Information Technology Institute) in Vancouver, BC and I am looking at a
career as a Technical Writer. An assignment that has been given to me, as
part of an informational/networking exercise, is to contact Technical
Writers and ask several questions re: (what else?) Tech-Writing.

So, through the fine generosity and extreme patience of the techwr-l powers
that be (along with the $20 I slipped them under the table) I come to you
with this request: If anyone has the time to answer a series of 8 short
questions about technical writing; i.e. how you got your start, what
training you've had, etc., please feel
free to contact me directly at msmith -at- ait -dot- vancouver -dot- iti -dot- ca . I can send you
the list of questions, along with my thanks and undying appreciation.

Please note, this is strictly an informational exercise. I am not pandering
for employment (at this time, anyways) nor will I add you to any evil
mailing lists; however, I do know of some 'evil mailing lists' if you are so
inclined.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from many of you in the near future...

Moe