Re: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: Re: ethical consulting practices?
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:51:06 -0700 (MST)

At 11:06 PM -0500 12/12/99, David Demyan wrote:
>For the
>most part, the resumes we receive are very well written
>and attractively formatted. It would be counter-productive
>to start mashing them up just to make them consistent or
>so they'll fit into some archiving system.

Much of the text in a resume is necessarily verbs and buzzwords aimed at
people who might know something about that sort of thing: without
familiarity with the field under discussion misunderstandings are likely.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread the situation of "someone coming
in" to enter the resumes in the agency system...

That sorta thing got me listed as an "Internet Tools Developer from 1995
till now at Lead Performance Support."

_cough_

Not what I did, not what the resume says... I was, in fact, Lead
Performance Support Developer at Now! Internet Tools.

_sigh_

Dan Brinegar Crippled Fat Guy/Paranoid Recluse

"WARNING: The meat of the Slobovian Ringtailed Llama,
while cheap and plentiful throughout Mobbefrenia,
is known by The Corporation to carry numerous
pathogens for which there are few effective treatments
outside CONUS. Consultants are cautioned to exercise
extreme dietary prudence during their stay."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.