Re: Worries about tools

Subject: Re: Worries about tools
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:09:02 -0600

As a contractor, I've learned that personal preference and 50 cents gets me a Diet
Coke from the vending machine. Do I think either Word or RH is the best tool? I
happen to like RH, but it's not always the best for the purpose. As to Word....well,
let's just say we're used to one another, I don't cuss it out as much as I used to.

Should you consider Word and RH as a big X against a company? Not necessarily.
Thanks to aggressive marketing, MS and Blue Sky have a lion's share of their
respective markets, regardless of whether or not we like it. I'm currently in a
situation using RH when D2H would have been a MUCH better tool. Just something I
live with. I'd just LOVE to use some of the other tools now and again!

Jo Byrd