Transit Price Rises are Real

Subject: Transit Price Rises are Real
From: Sandra Charker <scharker -at- connectives -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 15:06:23 +1100

Last week I posted a msg about price rises for InfoAccess Transit products. A few people have suggested that I'm confusing
a new price for HTML Transit with the current price for Transit Central. A couple of others checked the website, then wrote to say they still don't believe it, but they've sent InfoAccess a message anyhow - words like BOZOS and NUTS have been quoted.

I don't believe it either, but the following prices are taken directly from the InfoAccess website. There's a special offer on support that expires on 31 Dec 99 - I didn't look at the details.

If you're a current user, I'd be interested to know if InfoAccess have contact you about the new prices for support and for upgrades. Replies are probably best sent to me directly; I'll summarise for the list if there seems to be enough interest.

HTML Transit
Version 4.0 (licensed per user): Current price $495 New price $5,000

Upgrade from 3.x (licensed per user): Current price $99 New price $1,000

Support (includes free upgrades): Current price $149 New price $1500

Transit Central
Version 4.0 (licensed per server): Current price $3,995 New price $10,000

Upgrade from 3.x (licensed per server): Current price $799 New price $2,000

Support (includes free upgrades): Current price: $879 (Help Desk Plan) New price $2200 (Help Desk Plan)

Cheers,

Sandra Charker

mailto:scharker -at- connectives -dot- com
Personal web site: http://www.connectives.com