RE: Tech Terms Translated to French

Subject: RE: Tech Terms Translated to French
From: Melissa Kucbel-Saumier <melissaks -at- eicon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:41:11 -0500

Hello,

Actually, there is even better out there: a free database of French-
English terms related to computers and IT. You can find it at the
following address:
http://w3.olf.gouv.qc.ca/banque/.

The OLF (that's the Office de la langue française) provides
translations for over 6000 terms.

However, let me issue the following warning: some translations of
English technical terms into French are not the same in Quebec and
in France. It is always good to consult more than one reference on
the subject. For terms most likely to be used in France, I
recommend:
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/qui/Philippe.Deschamp/CMTI/glossaire.html.

Enjoy!
Mélissa Kucbel-Saumier