Seeking the space symbol

Subject: Seeking the space symbol
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <markl -at- gilian -dot- com>
To: TechWr-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:51:28 +0200

In FrameMaker (among other contexts) the space character
is represented by a low little squared-off U. Does anyone
know of a widely available font that includes such a symbol?
I can't lift it from FrameMaker's proprietary font because
I don't have FrameMaker.

Alternatively, I would settle for the lowercase b with a
slash through the ascender, or any other widely recognized
symbol representing the space character.

With thanks,
Mark L. Levinson
Herzlia, Israel
markl -at- gilian -dot- com