RE: ToolTips and Keyboard Shortcuts

Subject: RE: ToolTips and Keyboard Shortcuts
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'Christopher'" <addforlist -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:21:44 -0800

Hi,

I think this is an excellent idea. I think some other Adobe products also
include keyboard shortcuts in ToolTips. As a user, I occasionally access
these as a means to get work done more quickly. It offers some further
information for the ToolTip, which is otherwise a one or two-use item. I
mean, once we determine that the little printer icon means "Print," what
good is the ToolTip? A keyboard shortcut would be an easy bit of added
value. DB.

Christopher wrote...

Hi,

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether including keyboard shortcuts in
tooltips is a good idea?