Writing samples, post-interview

Subject: Writing samples, post-interview
From: SLM5V -at- cc -dot- usu -dot- edu
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:23:23 -0600 (MDT)

Good evening, all.

I was fortunate enough to have had a phone-interview with a large
company today, and they have gotten in touch with me again, asking if I had any
samples I could send them. I do, and I could. My question is, what is the
ethical consideration I should take into account? During the summer, much was
made of leaving portfolios unattended during interviews, with possible
shenanigans as repercussions. Should I send them some samples? Many responses
during the summer seemed to favor never giving out personal work for review
unattended. Now, this is a portfolio piece I'm considering, not my whole
portfolio. What do you all think I should do?

Graham