framemaker vs. robohelp

Subject: framemaker vs. robohelp
From: David Strausfeld <davids -at- pniltd -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:58:35 -0500

I don't know if this a kind of holy war - like Netscape vs. IE or PC vs
Mac, but I'd be interested in people's thoughts on which is better,
Framemaker or Robohelp. I've heard from several people that Framemaker is
the software of choice for technical documentation, such as user manuals.
We currently use Robohelp.

One thing that appeals to me is putting our manuals in PDF format --
although I guess there must be other ways to do that besides using
Framemaker, right?

Appreciate your thoughts.

David Strausfeld
Vienna, VA