Thanks, everyone

Subject: Thanks, everyone
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:57:04 +0530

namaste

This is great!!

I got tons of feedback on the Word97 Master Doc enigma. Some of it sounded logical and some others sounded like... 'do this and cross your fingers and pray about it before you sleep at night' kinda stuff. I did not have time to experiment, as I had to deliver the guide in a week's time. Fortunately, it turned out to be only about 162 pages, and I prayerfully copy/pasted all the chapters into one BIG doc.
The TOC and Index were a breeze, as was the page numbering. Probably also because I nailed everything into place with hard enters instead of formatting.

Thanx for all the help. I shall also thank you individually.

I have just begun to look at AuthorIT. It seems a handy software to use, specifically designed for multi-platform tech writing. Is there another software that is as versatile, but also lets me see what's happening to the document as I work?

Please let me know.

namaste

eddy