Re: Midol Moment or National Tragedy? You decide...

Subject: Re: Midol Moment or National Tragedy? You decide...
From: Tekky30015 -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:26:27 EST

If writers, such as us, continue on without correcting such grammar errors,
which were likely made by companies too busy to hire writers and thus used
other "experts" on hand (programmers, etc.), then perhaps this could become
acceptable to a degree that begins eroding the English language. What a
drag! I hope that, over time, revision of some of these manuals (or
whatever) that were probably thrown together in the heat of the moment
(getting a product out), will result in the correction of these "errors."
Perhaps TW's should make an effort to suggest to these companies that
appearing illiterate does not help their image, in terms of selling their
product. If they can't write well, maybe they don't program or develop
products well either (in the mind of the consumer). This would bring more
work our way, I guess, for better or worse. Maybe more telecommuting work
for us, in terms of editing existing manuals, etc. ?? (I like working at
home.)

Debbie in Boston, MA