RE: US vs. UK pronoun/voice usage?

Subject: RE: US vs. UK pronoun/voice usage?
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:22:31 -0000

---

In UK, we use very similar grammatical conventions to you. Instructions
should be in imperative mood, active voice, present tense, second person.
So this Brit would rewrite your example thus: "To the collection, add each
view that you want to appear as a child item."

For me, the use of "one" as a pronoun reeks of pretension.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk