RE: Master document

Subject: RE: Master document
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'Edwin Skau'" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:38:11 -0800

Good afternoon,

While there's no doubt info on this in the archives, here is the short form:

* Do not use the Master Document function.
* Use the "RD" (referenced document) field instead. Build a TOC and Index
accordingly.
* As for chapter numbering, we use macros and templates provided by the
smartest people on the Mediterrenean seaboard, Tech-tav. You can learn more
about them at www.tech-tav.com.

I expect Bill's not writing many of his own manuals these days, but you
never know. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Meridian Project Systems
Technical Content Developer
604-904-0822 ext. 112
dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com
www.mps.com

Meridian News!
Now shipping! Prolog WebSite 2.0. See the latest eBusiness solution
Meridian Project Systems has to offer. AEC professionals now have the means
and power to conduct business-to-business transactions so they can increase
project accountability and control while reducing construction time by
eliminating paper-based communication. For more information, visit our
website at www.mps.com or call 800-850-2660.