GIF vs PNG

Subject: GIF vs PNG
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:55:09 -0500

Pardon my ignorance on this.

I currently use GIF format for my screenshots. I wasn't too worried about the
patent because I figured once I had my document in PDF format - how could
anybody tell what format the graphic was.

Just for something to do though, I tried the PNG format. I really like it.
So, here's the question. I understand that not all browsers (ie. older ones)
are capable of displaying PNG. However... once I have my document in PDF
format, does it matter anymore? Would I still have a problem with browsers?

Thanks in advance to whomever can provide an answer.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." --
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977