Winhelp 4: Closing windows when jumping to the Help Topics tab

Subject: Winhelp 4: Closing windows when jumping to the Help Topics tab
From: "Patrick O'Brien" <patrick -dot- obrien -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TechWriters" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:45:59 -0600

Hi All,

I know this topic has been covered in the past, but when I researched all
the answers I was still confused. Let me see if I can ask this question in a
way that will elicit a clear answer.

I am working on a Winhelp4 project using RoboHelp 7 and Word. I would like
the secondary and main windows to close when the user clicks on the Help
Topics button.

I coded the following startup macro to attempt to close the Main window and
display the Help Index:

CBB(`btn_topics',"Finder();CW(`Main')")

I then coded the following macros in the Windows properties macro section of
each secondary window.

CBB(`btn_topics',"Finder();CW(`Second')")

CBB(`btn_topics',"Finder();CW(`Fields')")

Now when I compile, go to a topic and click on the Help Topics button, the
window closes but so does the help file. Not a good solution for my users.

Is there something I need to add, or should I be using a different set of
macros? I tried reversing the parameters, putting the CW parameter first,
but I get the same result. I also tried changing the Finder macro to Search
and then Contents, but help still closes. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

I know there has to be a solution, since Microsoft's help windows all act
this way.

Thanks,

Patrick O'Brien
pat -dot- obrien -at- pobox -dot- com