Wording Query

Subject: Wording Query
From: Toni Williams <tonicw -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: tech whirlers <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:33:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
I have a passage in a troubleshooting guide I am
updating (quoted below) which is awkward to say the
least. I "know" what they're trying to say but I can't
get my pen around a re-wording that would be
clearer. All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Please reply to me directly as I am on the digest:
Tonicw -at- yahoo -dot- com

The passage in question:

"If the problem occurred directly following
installing, ensure the software was completely
installed from the CD. If the application was
successfully in use previously, proceed accordingly
based on additional circumstances preceding the
receipt of the error message."

Thanks for the help.

Toni Williams

=====