Re: Web development rates

Subject: Re: Web development rates
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:19:17 -0800

My brother owns a web design/web develop company in Sacramento. He is very
clear about not doing content development (he subs that out to us). His
design-a-web-page rates are lower than mine. However, his
design-an-e-commerce-site rates are (much) higher than my content
development rates.

Thing vary. It is hard for tech writers to move into the web development
area because our rates are too high. People think that because their niece
can create the web site, it is enough. Nearly every web page I have seen has
a typo or grammatical error, or worse. Unfortunately, most web sites need a
professional writer to help develop the content. Companies are slowly
getting that idea.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!