Deleting built-in styles in Word

Subject: Deleting built-in styles in Word
From: "jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:25:06 -0500

I have to inquire about Word once again. The online help says that once you
apply a built-in style, you cannot delete it from the list of styles. For
instance, I have never applied Headings 3 through 9, and I can't delete them
through the Style Gallery, the Style Organizer, nor through the Robohelp and
Normal templates. Somehow, I have one help book that thankfully gives me my
list of 8 or so styles, but all other books, which are supposed to have the
exact same look, are confounded with these irritating built-in styles. I've
put up with them for months and I can't take it anymore! Can anyone tell me
how to get rid of them?

Thanks a lot,

Jane

The moving chicane