Re:Framemaker templates

Subject: Re:Framemaker templates
From: "Kasie Snyder" <Kasie -dot- Snyder -at- pulse -dot- com>
To: "Kalpana Thakar" <kalpana_tc -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 9:55 -0500

If you create a variable for your chapter number and re-use the same file for
every chapter, I think you will produce your desired result. Good luck!
-Kasie

Subject: Framemaker templates
Author: kalpana_tc -at- yahoo -dot- com (Kalpana Thakar)
Date: 10/29/99 3:31 PM

Hi folks,

I have a query regarding Framamaker templates?

In word, we can simply create a template (.dot)
containing all the sytles/format we need and attach
the template to a .doc file. Is this possible in
Framamaker?

In Framemaker each file (.fm) is treated as a chapter
and lots of such chapters constitutes a book. If I
want all these chapters to follow the same
formats/styles, how do I do that? For example, suppose
I want all my heading 1's to be Bold and italised, how
do I ensure that this format is followed in all the
chapters. As of now, as soon as I go on to chapter 2,
I need to customize the Heading 1 all over again.

Any suggestions?

Kalpana.

=====

Moving your documentation online? We can help with standards, planning,
or training. Visit us at http://www.weisner.com or mailto:info -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by Rose Hill, Your Business and Career Coach.
"Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at
www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: Kasie -dot- Snyder -at- PULSE -dot- COM