Framemaker templates

Subject: Framemaker templates
From: Kalpana Thakar <kalpana_tc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I have a query regarding Framamaker templates?

In word, we can simply create a template (.dot)
containing all the sytles/format we need and attach
the template to a .doc file. Is this possible in
Framamaker?

In Framemaker each file (.fm) is treated as a chapter
and lots of such chapters constitutes a book. If I
want all these chapters to follow the same
formats/styles, how do I do that? For example, suppose
I want all my heading 1's to be Bold and italised, how
do I ensure that this format is followed in all the
chapters. As of now, as soon as I go on to chapter 2,
I need to customize the Heading 1 all over again.

Any suggestions?

Kalpana.

=====