Re: Standards/best practice vs creativity tangent

Subject: Re: Standards/best practice vs creativity tangent
From: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:39:33 -0400

Chris asks:
I was just wondering what the list
: thought of working for a company even though they don't
: necessarily feel they have a good product.

I know that if I did not think that the product(s) of the company I was
working for were any good, I would not be able to work there. The work
would be frustrating and I would be worried that the company (especially a
startup) would not survive.
No, I don't think I am an expert on products. That is not why I would worry
about the company's survival. However, I have been in the software business
for long enough to have a feeling for products.
I could see where I might take a job thinking that the company has a great
product (or idea for a product) and later find that I was wrong. In that
case, I would start looking for another job.

Just mho,
Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- template -dot- com
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way,
implicitly and unquestionable. `` W.Disney

Next by Author: Re: Disappearing and Reappearing Cross-References <LYR19413-16591-1999 -dot- 10 -dot- 15-06 -dot- 35 -dot- 04--cnbrath#aplexus -dot- jhuapl -dot- edu -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>