WinHelp: proprietary DLLs

Subject: WinHelp: proprietary DLLs
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- clamart -dot- srpc -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:44:37 +0200

Is any one delivering WinHelp with Robo or D2H DLLs? Does anyone know of any mainstream software products that do this? There are none on my system. PSP used to, but it's been dropped it for V5.

To me, adding proprietary dynamic link libraries to the deliverables is like using web browser plug-ins no-one else has ever heard of. While it's obvious that the WinHelp interface could be better, I'm not sure using proprietary DLLs is the way to go.

Anybody else looked into this?

John Cornellier
Schlumberger Oilfield Services
Paris