(Fwd) Re: References to previous company names

Subject: (Fwd) Re: References to previous company names
From: "Linda Sims" <lsims -at- dset -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:56:36 -0400

What she said . . .

Date sent: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:53:43 -0400
From: "Patricia Y. Castin" <pcastin -at- dset -dot- com>
To: Linda Sims <lsims -at- dset -dot- com>
Subject: Re: References to previous company names

Group,

I feel a need to explain this situation further. I asked Linda if she
would pose this question so that we could find out from some other
"experts" their thoughts, but I was not clear on the specifics. So...
here goes.

We have a LARGE series of documents that refer to Bellcore
Standard
TR-303. Bellcore has changed its name to Telcordia Technologies
and has
changed the standard to GR-303. Now, this is a Standard that is
used and
recognized, in its "old" form, throughout the telecommunications
industry.
When they changed their name and the Standard number, there
are now
thousands of documents "floating around" in our company and in
other
companies that refer to the "old way".

Does anyone working in the industry know whether these should
be updated
for EVERY document in circulation, or will either reference be
acceptable/understood?

I would be especially pleased if anyone at Telcordia can address
this
issue. Thanks for the time and sorry for the confusion.

-
Trish Castin
Sr. Technical Writer
DSET Corporation
908-526-7500 ext. 1333

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and
tasty with ketsup."

Linda Sims
Technical Writer
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
DSET Corporation
1160 US Highway 22
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(v) 908-526-7500, ext. 1278
(f) 908-526-7008
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Delivering Global TMN Solutions for a Converging World
Web Site: http://www.dset.com