Eliminate Paper Manual?

Subject: Eliminate Paper Manual?
From: Ginger Moskowitz <ginger -at- aatech -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:18:31 -0400

Has anyone on this list ever switched entirely to electronic documentation?
If so, what format did you use?

We currently distribute our manuals on the CD, along with the help files. We
also give a hard copy of our user guides to students in the training class
(most customers take this class). Users like the option of printing some or
all of a manual, as well as using an electronic help file.

So, we need something we can print, but can be used electronically (called
from the application, like an .hlp file) as well.

Is there an electronic format that does this?