RE: Who dreams up these things?

Subject: RE: Who dreams up these things?
From: bbatorsk -at- admin -dot- nj -dot- devry -dot- edu
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:27:04 -0400

Pierre,

And standardizing and measuring processes are "sufficient" but not
"necessary". I think JoAnne Hackos says something to that effect in her
text. We don't need a sledgehammer to drive a tack although it is
"sufficient" for the job if skillfully handled. But, if it ain't broke,
don't fix it. It's only when your "non-process" doesn't work that you may
need to analyze and fix it, and if you have ten people in on the production,
forewarned is forearmed.

Read an interesting statement today: "The larger the island of knowledge,
the longer the shoreline of wonder." (Sockman, I think, was the name of the
author)

Barry