OT: then and now

Subject: OT: then and now
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:37:02 -0400

I just took a look at the updated TECHWR-L homepage. First, let me say Wow!
When you said redesign I didn't think you meant overhaul! The pastels have
yet to grow on me, but I like the design (except for the extremely small
font size in the "then and now" or whatever page... very hard to read.

Anyhow, it's amazing how much has changed and yet how much has stayed the
same... I had to chuckle at the "I like online documentation, but I can't
read it on the bus" comment in one of the posts from 1993... now that we
have laptops and palmtops and Web phones and such, it really is kind of
funny... and scary, as it's only been 6 years.

But one thing remains the same... many people still like having a hard copy
to lug around. Weird (hey, I like paper too, so put that flame thrower
down).

Anyhow, great job with the site! I'm looking forward to seeing more from our
past. I just hope you don't leap to 1995-96 when I joined for the first
time. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I was a hot-headed rambling idiot...

Like I said... not much has changed... ;-)

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Software Corporation
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>