RE: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion

Subject: RE: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Andrew Plato'" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:44:16 -0400

Whether you believe in a process (is that really "Clustar"? We use a
variation of that ;?) or hard work, Andrew's thread has diverted many (yes,
me too) from the true path to completion of our appointed tasks. Surely the
method ought include 4 hours for debating method on techwr-l?

I am the only full-time writer here (there is a part-time consultant) and my
company has no methods for anything. I do have my method for planning,
getting info, and writing. my method varies little and works fine. I make my
schedules, but perhaps that's because I set them and because software
development is always (and predictably) late?

Methods are fine. I don't have time or the inclination to learn anyone
else's. Here, the drum beat is mine. Anyone working with me or for me has
pretty clear direction and goals and freedom to achieve those. Getting the
book and help ready in time for the software is what I need to do and my
process gets that done. Is my process written down, here? No. So I'm not ISO
9000. Bummer.

Plato . . . what a riot. I can understand why people get annoyed with him .
. but I don't understand why it'd be worth the aggravation to do so.

Er . . . what's this level 1, level 2 stuff?

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com