Re: Numbering Steps for Multiple Paths

Subject: Re: Numbering Steps for Multiple Paths
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "David Cramer" <dacramer -at- videon -dot- wave -dot- ca>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:38:07 -0700

OK. I have an anecdotal experience - where is the research on this sort of
stuff!. When I wrote manuals for a large unnamed developer of nearly
everything, I did the manuals for a printer. I used a step 1 when there were
no other steps. Customer support got calls asking where the rest of the
steps went. When we redid the manual for the next release, I made them one
step bullets. We got no more phone calls about this issue.

I have never numbered one step procedures again.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!