RE: repeating figures

Subject: RE: repeating figures
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:16:51 EDT

Lindsey,

According to Dr. Edmond Weiss, one of the most common sources of reader
confusion is having to flip pages to find a cross-reference. If it were me, I
would not hesitate to repeat the figure as many times as necessary to make
things clear, with one proviso: I would box or shade or highlight or
otherwise call attention to the portion of the illustration I want to
describe each time. If your illustration was a Visio drawing, for example,
you could simply repeat it with a shaded box in a different spot each time.
That's very efficient!

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 S. Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:Jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com 781.359.4902[V], 781.359.4500[F]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong