Re: repeating figures

Subject: Re: repeating figures
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: LDurway -at- pav -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:50:25 -0500

I would let the figures number sequentially, and allude to the fact that
the second one is a duplicate. In the past, I have used three pieces to
identify and describe figures: figure numbers, figure captions, and
figure descriptions. The figure captions were brief and in bold type;
they served only to identify the figure, e.g., Spacely Sprocket
Schematic. The figure descriptions were longer, and not in bold. I used
the descriptions to explain the figures, and give any other pertinent
information. You could follow a scheme like that, and explain in the
description that you have duplicated the image for the reader's
convenience.

HTH
Jo

LDurway -at- pav -dot- com wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I have a figure showing a flow chart.
> Ten pages later I want to ... to reproduce the flow chart figure exactly as it was before Where I'm stuck is in
> deciding how to handle the figure caption and number.

<snip>
--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer