RE: Callouts in Word 97

Subject: RE: Callouts in Word 97
From: mcdonan1 -at- nationwide -dot- com
To: "JonesW" <JonesW -at- aurorabio -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:16:30 -0400

I use callouts extensively in my work in Word.... I start w/ alt-print
screen and paste the screen caps from the database system that's being
built: Then I use the DRAWING toolbar in Word to set up the callouts: I
use the Drawing/callouts toolbar & put them at the bottom of my Word
screen:

HOW TO:
1. right-click in any toolbar area that's not being used; ( i.e., a
section that's blank)
2. when you see the menu with all the toolbar options, choose "Drawing."
3. I usually click it & drag that toolbar to the bottom, then, until it
pops into place at the bottom.
4. Then I left-click the "autoshapes" button, and see more options w/
arrows which indicate another toolbar....
5. I choose "callouts" option & move the box till it's popped into the
bottom place along w/ the rest of that Drawing toolbar.
6. THEN while I'm MAKING a callout, I right=click while I see the "cross"
and choose the "format autoshape" at the bottom of THAT menu....
7/ Then when in THAT dialog box, I set the param's.... and then...
(Thanks Walter for that info a few months ago...)

HTH:
Nancy McDonald