HTML Help Uncompiling

Subject: HTML Help Uncompiling
From: mcdonan1 -at- nationwide -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:06:42 -0400

Hi, whirlers.
Here's a question (or 2) about an already-compiled HTML Help file that needs to
be revised... one of the titles in the TOC is incorrectly written, and one topic
is missing and there are some inconsistencies in formatting and content, so I
need to get back into this and fix it. (I was SUPPOSED to be more involved
awhile ago, but other priorities took over and the vendor made this mess.)

Trouble is that the programmers from the vendor company (who's building the
system and compiled these Help files from some of my early Word docs...) have,
in the latest executable, just the .chm, or main help file. I need to know if I
need to have all the source files in order to edit, or will the .chm be
sufficient?

I've got the HH Workshop and the .chm in my PC, and Steve Wexler's book at my
side, but he's not helping me much. (2 whole pages in the book about
recompiling.)

Oh, yes, of course. The new system is supposed to be "live" by Sept 20. (so
what's new??)

Any bright ideas out there in cyberland??

Regards,
Nancy McDonald