Link or Embed Drawing?

Subject: Link or Embed Drawing?
From: bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:11:41 -0400

Hello,

I have a manual that has one issue left before it's finished. The manual's page
format is 6.5" width x 8.5" height. However, I have to incorporate a drawing as
the last page of the manual. This drawing is a separate post script file which
is 11" x 17". Finally, the manual will only be produced in PDF form.

My questions are:

1. Would it be better to link this post script file to the Word manual instead
of cut and pasting it into the manual, and can this be done?
2. Is it problematic to have a page setup format at 6.5" width x 8.5" height
while having the last page at 11" x 17" (if embedded)?
3. Will an Acrobat PDF file allow for this unusual page setup?

This is a very condensed drawing and it would not be a good idea to decrease its
size.

Any opinions, ideas, or answers anyone is willing to share will be greatly
appreciated.

Brian