Size of Training Guides

Subject: Size of Training Guides
From: Tom Hinds <THinds -at- timeslips -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:21:55 -0400

Hi All,

A bit of background:

My company does not provide training to our customers. Instead, we enlist
independent trainers who are certified by our company on our products. These
trainers provide classes based on training guides we develop. We also sell
these training guides (this is less common) directly to the end user.

My current task:

With our new release, we plan to overhaul current training guides--a basic
and an intermediate that cover general concepts--and then create new
advanced training guides--covering more specific (and more complicated)
features.

My question:

Is there an 'average' size for training guides. I know this question is
pretty general and the size relies on many factors (subject matter,
audience, etc.), but with a series of guides, what (IYO) is a good size for
each. Our current guides are about 50 pages each, which include many screen
shots.

Just putting out feelers..
Thanks,
- Tom