Proposals as simple, easy-to-understand documents...

Subject: Proposals as simple, easy-to-understand documents...
From: Cheryl Reinertsen <cheryl -dot- reinertsen -at- jda -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:44:19 -0500

Karen,

It sounds like your company recognizes problems with their current proposals
and it's OK to correct them. Some prospective customers have required
formats for proposal submission. Whatever the required format, there's no
reason it can't be written clearly. I interpret an unclear proposal to mean
that something is being hidden or isn't properly understood by the company
submitting the proposal.

I think the chances of getting proposals accepted are greater if the writing
is clear and organized properly. Clear writing tells the prospective
customers I understand what they want. Proper organization shows
consideration for readers and decision-makers, and is a reflection of the
company submitting the proposal.