software for managing RFP responses

Subject: software for managing RFP responses
From: Alison Tartt <akt -at- postoffice -dot- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 05:55:42 -0500

Anyone know of a software product for managing RFPs? My client is a company
in which sections of responses to RFPs are written by different people
(marketing staff, programmers, managers, etc.). When a new RFP comes in,
it's difficult to remember which RFP addressed what specification, so we
end up searching every old RFP file to find material that can be reused.
We're looking for a better way, possibly something that maintains the old
proposals as a database and indexes keywords, catalogs potential
boilerplate info, etc.

Thanks for your ideas.

Alison Tartt