RE: "Forward" referencing

Subject: RE: "Forward" referencing
From: Metzger Karen <Metzger_Karen -at- prc -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:21:42 -0400

Does your organization consider the readability of its documentation
important? It should! Your customer should come first, and it is a lot to
ask them to flip a few thousand pages in EITHER direction just so you can
save paper. Customers are smart enough to realize when their needs come
second to the company's bottom line, and this tends to--in the long
run--affect the company's bottom line anyway. Don't skimp where your
customer is concerned, and don't underestimate the importance of your
documentation.

The note from one respondent (whose message I deleted before I could get the
name--sorry!) about numbering the figures by the section is a MUST for the
way you are having to compile your document (we always do this, and for
large docs it is especially important).

On the other hand, one must wonder why in the world 5000 pages of
documentation are necessary? They may not read it at all......... but that's
another problem!!

My advice bits
-kcm

Karen Metzger