Subject: [techwr-l] Re: Recap of the messasge about screwing up
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

The first thing I saw in your response was the word
"fighting". Maybe that's what they see, too, even
subliminally.

> Maybe. But I've also expressed to my main recruiter
> that I'm simply
> getting tired of fighting, fighting to get
> information, fighting to get
> cooperation.

My next thought was: Do you issue an invitation to
development to join in the meeting when the issue of
document redesign is being addressed? Maybe are
thinking the same thing.

> It is not unreasonable to expect that developers and
> management include
> technical writers in the "loop," where information
> flows to technical
> writers as a routine part of the process. I know it

===
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard
As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

From