Subject: [techwr-l] Re: documentation usage
From: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:56:50 -0400

Brian et.al.,

You don't actually say whether the "shelf-ware" is useful or not.
Maybe the people don't use it because it is not helpful, or is
too hard to use, or doesn't contain the information that the
people need in the easiest to find/use format.

Barring that, I'd say that if they go to the doc people or
customer service type people with questions, they should be
pointed to the correct doc in which they can find the answer.
Once this is done enough times, people will start using the doc
more on their own.

Just mho,
Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- Template -dot- com
Life loves to be taken by
the lapel and told:
"I'm with you kid. Let's go."