Publishing for the Web

Subject: Publishing for the Web
From: Daruwala Rohina-ind295 <Rohina -dot- P -dot- Daruwala -at- motorola -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:02:51 +0530

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding publishing my User Guides for the Web. I work
on Frame 5.5.6 for UNIX. At the moment I Save As - HTML and we use Frontpage
for our Intranet. So I do a whole load of tweaking with a bit of
javascripting and put my guides on the web. The formatting goes absolutely
haywire and the guide does not look pleasing to the eye at all. The symbols
all change and have a mind of their own! The cross references are all over
the place and a mess.

I would like to know are there any other tools which I can use for this
purpose? I wuld like my guides to be pleasing to the eye, easy to navigate
through and well laid out. I have heard of Quadralay and Web Works
Publisher. Has anyone used these tools? If so how does it compare to Saving
As HTML?

Regards
Rohina

Rohina P. Daruwala
Sr. Associate Technical Writer
MSPG-IT, Motorola
The Senate, #33, Ulsoor Road
Bangalore - 560 042
India
Telephone : 91-80-5598615 Extn - 1005
Email: rohina -dot- p -dot- daruwala -at- motorola -dot- com