Re: Purchasing FrameMaker at an Education Discount

Subject: Re: Purchasing FrameMaker at an Education Discount
From: Fred Sampson <wfreds -at- CRUZIO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:35:04 -0700

Brian--

I bought my copy of FrameMaker from Creation Engine, in Palo Alto, at the
educational discount price while enrolled in an FM class at Cabrillo
College (Aptos). You have to fax or e-mail evidence of student-status,
e.g., registration confirmation to get the discount.

I'd suggest contacting Creation Engine, www.creationengine.com,
800-431-8713 or 650-843-0650, to inquire about the requirements--i.e., does
enrolling for a class via STC qualify? Another source I've used is
SmartSoft in Los Angeles, www.studentdiscounts.com, 800-272-3639. Same
deal: prove you're a student, or faculty. Note that eligibility
requirements may also be set by the software vendor. You could ask them
about the possibility of reselling to your class as well.

Can't address the question of licensing to teach FrameMaker--have you asked
Adobe? Or check with the instructor I studied with, Steve Larson,
stlarson -at- cabrillo -dot- cc -dot- ca -dot- us -dot-

Good luck,
Fred

At 11:18 AM 8/28/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>
>I am volunteering as an education coordinator for the STC in Berkeley.
>Soon Berkeley's STC will offer classes in FrameMaker.
>
>I have called several vendors to obtain pricing, but have not found many
>offers. I also heard that I need to purchase a license from Adobe to teach
>FrameMaker.
>
>I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or feedback on educational
>licensing and purchasing FrameMaker at an educational discount rate.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Brian

Fred Sampson
wfreds -at- cruzio -dot- com