Re: What are the differences?

Subject: Re: What are the differences?
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- SPSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:35:32 -0400

IMHO:
A configuration manual has information needed by someone doing
configurations.
An installation manual has information needed by someone doing
installations.
A developer's guide has information needed by someone doing development.
Do you see a pattern?
We would hope that the above are organized by task.
A reference manual has all of the above plus any other information that is
relevant, usually organized by topic, rather than by task.

Yes, I am being simplistic. That's what works best for me.

Jim Shaeffer
Jims -at- spsi -dot- com <mailto:Jims -at- spsi -dot- com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=