Re: Marketing block

Subject: Re: Marketing block
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- SPSI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:42:27 -0400

Christine Pellar-Kosbar asked:
"Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon: on web pages, and now even on
signs, I find myself disregarding anything too flashy as an "ad." I don't
even read it. Sometimes it turns out to be important information."

At a seminar on usability, the speaker reported on a one-page sheet of
hardware installation instructions that was too good looking. Users thought
it was another advertising piece and pitched it in the trash. The phenomenon
is not limited to the Web.

Jim Shaeffer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=