Re: Blurry graphics when printing PDF File

Subject: Re: Blurry graphics when printing PDF File
From: Winfried Reng <winfried -dot- reng -at- STAR-AG -dot- CH>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:38:13 +0200

Hi Stephanie,

I don´t know (as the others) which procedure you are using,
which Acrobat version (I assume Distiller 3.02 and Reader/
Exchange 3.01), which printer driver and which printer.

Two things:
o Use Acrobat 4 instead of 3. It is supposed to have a fix
to not print blurry graphics.
o If you use Acrobat 3 there is a bug when printing to PCL
printers that results in blurry graphics.
Get the fix from Adobe for Acrobat Reader/Exchange.
The description is at this URL:
http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/SOLUTIONS/902e.htm
(Graphics Print Blurry from Acrobat 3.01 Viewer to a PCL Printer,
Document number 311633)

Best regards,

Winfried

>...When my clients are printing their PDF files of our manuals, the
>text prints, but the graphics come out blurry. I've downloaded the
>patch from Adobe, but that hasn't helped! If anyone has any ideas I
>would love the help! Thanks in advance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000