Re: Ligatures, fi fl

Subject: Re: Ligatures, fi fl
From: Sue Fomby <fomby -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:37:32 -0400

Bernd ...

I've used this search and replace workaround in Word and PageMaker, among
other
Windows apps (not in Frame, although it should work there too):

Search for: Replace with:
"ff" in your regular font lowercase "q" in the expert set
"ffi" lowercase "o"
"ffl" lowercase "p"
"fl" lowercase "n"
"fi" lowercase "m"

Hope this helps!

Sue Fomby
Tech writer, ADP

> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:48:07 +0200
> From: Bernd Hutschenreuther
> Subject: Ligatures, fi fl
>
> Hi,
>
> this is a small issue, solved on MAC, but I do not know how to do it on
PC.

> I want to use the fi and fl ligatures in some documentations, following
the
> typographic style of the Chicago Manual of Style.
>
> But: I did not find a way to use the ligatures, even if the glyphs are
> included in the font, for example in Century Schoolbook.
>
> The fi ligature and the fl ligature are both in the type face, but I did
> not find a way to include them into the document. They do not appear in
the
> charakter map.
>
> I tried it using Frame Maker, but did not find any way...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bernd

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=