Re: Page Numbering in Technical Faxes

Subject: Re: Page Numbering in Technical Faxes
From: "Calderhan Y. Squeeb" <cysqueeb -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:11:48 CDT

Yes, I think this is the boss's point --- we've had clerical staff call to
say that they didn't get all the pages of a fax that had a cover page that
says "Nine pages, including this one", and then the last page of the eight
page document is numbered "Page 8".

Secretary looks at "nine pages" and then checks last page and sees "page
eight" and then wonders where page nine is? That's the quandary.

The concern I have is that clients save the fax updates in binders and throw
away the cover page, and I don't want the first page of the saved document
to say "page 2", because that will create it's own confusion when the faxes
are checked in the future as reference. They will ask, where is missing
page one?

From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "'Calderhan Y. Squeeb'" <cysqueeb -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:42:57 -0400

imho, you've got 2 page counts going on - the pages faxed and the pages in
the document. fax cover sheets that I've seen usually have a field to
indicate the number of pages being faxed (including the cover).

so, both of you are right - sorta.

maybe skirt the issue by using a fax cover sheet that's significantly
different than the document?

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=