Re: Need suggestions for TW customer satisfaction survey

Subject: Re: Need suggestions for TW customer satisfaction survey
From: LDurway -at- PAV -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:58:24 -0500

For articles on reader surveys, see
* the August 1997 (vol 44 number 3) issue of the STC journal,
Technical Communication;
* Nov 98 (vol 45 number 4) Technical Communication;
* June 1999 InterCom (magazine for the STC).

I just did a survey. First one. Had two sections. The first polled for
measurable answers (answer good or bad on a scale of 1 to 5). These
questions give me a general idea of how well I was doing, and they provide a
metric to compare to future surveys.

The second section of my survey polled for general comments about topics
that needed to added or improved, plus a section about which topics they
visited the most in the manuals. As far as statistical validity goes, these
"open comment" and "usage frequency" questions don't generate a lot of
statistical stuff, but they were great for showing where the problems &
vital spots were.

Lindsey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=