Researching potential clients

Subject: Researching potential clients
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:08:34 -0400

Greetings!

I received a call from a consulting firm located in Germany yesterday
("You're calling from Germany? The country?!?") and they wanted to know if I
would be available for a 6 to 8 week contract with one of their German
clients. They would pay my return airfare, give me a furnished apartment, a
car, a computer, and pay for my meals and stuff, and pay me!

However, this deal sounds too good to be true. I've checked out their
website, but unfortunately it's all in Dutch. Still, it looks legit, but
what if it's a front for a white slavery ring? I can just see me stepping
off the plane in Germany and getting jumped by a large no-neck man named
Gunther, he ties me up, and the next thing I know, I'm being sold to an
Arabian sheik as a man-slave (I look rotten in manacles and a loin cloth,
believe me).

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid (Duh! Ya think?). But how much research
would you do to find out if a client is legit (especially since they are
overseas) and how would you do it?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=